Action items

Alessa Johns

Aug 24, 2023, 2:13:48 PM8/24/23
to stmarti...@googlegroups.com
Dear St Martin's Green Group members,

Our Unitarian Universalist partners in the Yolo Interfaith Alliance for Climate Justice are encouraging us to write to our U.S. representatives
and senators in support of a climate-friendly and justice-friendly farm
bill. They offer a script here:
https://uusj.salsalabs.org/eat_farmbill/index.html. (You can change the suggested text from UU to Episcopal Church of St. Martin, Davis, California.)
They write: "A comprehensive
federal farm bill comes around only once every five years, and given how
important agriculture is to climate health and human health (including
right here in Yolo County), it is important to get this one right.

Please also take 10 minutes to complete Yolo County's Climate Action and
Adaptation Plan on-line survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2SFZ3VH
(Spanish language version: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GYBJDGP). Yolo
County is working hard to reach a wide variety of people as it develops
an extensively updated plan to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions and
adapt to global heating. There is an email address provided for your
questions or you can contact Robin Datel who is on the commission
supporting the county's effort, rd...@dcn.org."

Thank you!
Alessa Johns
Chair, Care for God's Creation Committee
Episcopal Church of St. Martin, Davis, CA