Let's pass the amendment!

Alessa Johns

Jun 4, 2024, 9:12:14 PMJun 4
to stmarti...@googlegroups.com
Dear St. Martin's Green list members,
This Thursday, June 6th, the day after tomorrow, the California Assembly will be voting on Bill ACA 16, an amendment to the California Constitution that will state:
"The people shall have a right to clean air and water and a healthy environment."
Passing such an amendment will force legislators to consider the environmental consequences on every bill they pass. It's very important that the bill pass!
Please make one short phone call tomorrow, Wednesday, to Speaker of the Assembly Robert Rivas at (916) 319-2029
If you feel like it, you can simply say to the assistant or the machine that answers something like: "Hello, I am [your name] from [your city] and [your group--the Care for God's Creation Committee at the Episcopal Church of St. Martin] and I’m calling to urge the Speaker to support ACA16 this week for the floor vote. [Say a reason here if you want to.] Please thank the speaker for me for his service. And thank you, also. Goodbye."
The number of phone calls received will make a difference.
Thank you!
Alessa