Special St. Margaret's Charlie's Place breakfast THIS SUNDAY

1 view

Kate Weber

Nov 18, 2014, 1:47:21 PM11/18/14
to Katherine Hartman, Alexia Diorio, Patrick J Goar, Rachel Emeis, Joyce Walker, Tracy Lush, Gary Collins, Linda Heaney, Robert H Blinn Jr, Whitney Kirzinger, Katherine Gresham, Mason Ingram, Kelsey Ryan, Illa Amerson, elizabeth ransom, mariath...@yahoo.com, Kimberly Johnston, Tad Johnston, Lucas Trainer, Laura Sequeira, Meredith Bowyer, Molly O'Keefe, St Margaret's Young People, ves...@stmargaretsdc.org, Louis Steadwell, cjre...@gmail.com, Kimberly Lucas, Barbara Wille, Matt Lang
Hi all,

You may have noticed from the announcements that there is a special Charlie's Place breakfast between the services this Sunday. This is a great chance to show the rest of the St. Margaret's community what Charlie's Place is all about, and to give people time to mingle with the guests. I hope you can make it. Sorry for the late notice - we needed to work out some logistics - but Vincent specifically asked you guys to come because you've done such a great job on Saturdays.

The setup will be a little different from on a Saturday, and as such we'll need as many volunteers as possible. I think it will work best if we have two shifts:
1. The cookers and servers - show up at 8:30, serve breakfast around 10; attend 11:15 service
2. Cleanup - attend 9 am service and stay after breakfast to clean.

We will need more people for shift 1, so if you don't have a preference and would like to help, please volunteer for that one.

In addition, Vincent has asked that we contribute the following:
- fruit for fruit salad
- lettuce and other ingredients for green salad
- frozen French fries
- 1 gallon canola oil

Please let me know (a) if you can make it (b) what shift you would like  (c) if you will contribute any food and (d) if you have any questions.

Thanks so much!!
Kate

On Aug 6, 2014, at 9:54, Kate Weber <katie....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all!

It's another second Saturday this week (8/9), which means time for another Charlie's Place breakfast! I am actually away for work this time, which means I will be even happier knowing that you all are taking good care of the Charlie's Place guests. Hope you can make it! As usual, is7:30am, and you should finish by 10; use the back entrance to the church.

If you can make it and/or would like to donate food, let me know. Food needs this time are:
-fruit
-salad makings
- pancake syrup

I'm sorry I'll miss you this time, but thank you for your continuing support and wi be thinking of you on Saturday morning!

Kate

Laura Sequeira

Nov 20, 2014, 11:56:58 AM11/20/14
to Tad Johnston, Kate Weber, Katherine Hartman, Alexia Diorio, Patrick J Goar, Rachel Emeis, Joyce Walker, Tracy Lush, Gary Collins, Linda Heaney, Robert H Blinn Jr, Whitney Kirzinger, Katherine Gresham, Mason Calder Ingram, Kelsey Ryan, Illa Amerson, elizabeth ransom, mariath...@yahoo.com, Kimberly Johnston, Lucas Trainer, Meredith Bowyer McNeill, Molly O'Keefe, stmargaret...@googlegroups.com, ves...@stmargaretsdc.org, Louis Steadwell, cjre...@gmail.com, Kym Lucas, Barbara Wille, Matt Lang
Hi all,
Lucas and I will be there Sun Nov 23 for the 1st shift and will bring fruit for fruit salad.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Tad Johnston <Tad_Jo...@umit.maine.edu> wrote:
Tad and Kim will cook and will bring fries for 100 people.

Tad

Kate Weber

Nov 20, 2014, 2:20:57 PM11/20/14
to Katherine Hartman, Alexia Diorio, Patrick J Goar, Rachel Emeis, Joyce Walker, Tracy Lush, Gary Collins, Linda Heaney, Robert H Blinn Jr, Whitney Kirzinger, Katherine Gresham, Mason Ingram, Kelsey Ryan, Illa Amerson, elizabeth ransom, mariath...@yahoo.com, Kimberly Johnston, Tad Johnston, Lucas Trainer, Laura Sequeira, Meredith Bowyer, Molly O'Keefe, St Margaret's Young People, ves...@stmargaretsdc.org, Louis Steadwell, cjre...@gmail.com, Kimberly Lucas, Barbara Wille, Matt Lang
You've all been so generous and listened to instructions so well that we now have enough cookers/servers, and could now use a few more people for the second shift. Any volunteers?

A note about logistics: I am thinking it will make sense for 9 AM church-goers to eat breakfast directly after the service, and when they have finished, they'll need to start clearing plates as people finish/finish their first helpings and return for seconds. As the second shift takes over, the first should be able to grab some food before the 11:15 service.

Thanks again!
Kate

Kate Weber

Nov 20, 2014, 2:24:47 PM11/20/14
to Laura Sequeira, Tad Johnston, Katherine Hartman, Alexia Diorio, Patrick J Goar, Rachel Emeis, Joyce Walker, Tracy Lush, Gary Collins, Linda Heaney, Robert H Blinn Jr, Whitney Kirzinger, Katherine Gresham, Mason Calder Ingram, Kelsey Ryan, Illa Amerson, elizabeth ransom, mariath...@yahoo.com, Kimberly Johnston, Lucas Trainer, Meredith Bowyer McNeill, Molly O'Keefe, St Margaret's Young People, ves...@stmargaretsdc.org, Louis Steadwell, cjre...@gmail.com, Kym Lucas, Barbara Wille, Matt Lang
Thanks so much!!
Kate

Kate Weber

Dec 12, 2014, 7:15:00 AM12/12/14
to Katherine Hartman, Alexia Diorio, Patrick J Goar, Rachel Emeis, Joyce Walker, Tracy Lush, Gary Collins, Linda Heaney, Robert H Blinn Jr, Whitney Kirzinger, Katherine Gresham, Mason Ingram, Kelsey Ryan, Illa Amerson, elizabeth ransom, mariath...@yahoo.com, Kimberly Johnston, Tad Johnston, Lucas Trainer, Laura Sequeira, Meredith Bowyer, Molly O'Keefe, St Margaret's Young People, ves...@stmargaretsdc.org, Louis Steadwell, cjre...@gmail.com, Kimberly Lucas, Barbara Wille, Matt Lang
Hi All,

I have dropped the ball this week. Between being sick and preparing for travels, I completely forgot it was the second Saturday, and TOMORROW is Charlie's Place breakfast. Thanks to Tad for reminding me.

I need to call Vincent to ask about food needs, but wanted to get this email out as quickly as possible. Please let me know if you can make it, and sorry again!

Kate