AMF sample files

Hod Lipson

Dec 3, 2014, 5:50:38 AM12/3/14
to st...@googlegroups.com

If you are interested in testing your AMF import, a few sample AMF files are available here:

http://amf.wikispaces.com/AMF+test+files

I am looking for additional sample files. If you have any files to share, please post them on the wiki or email them to me and I will be happy to post for you.

Thanks

--hod

Hod Lipson

Associate Prof. of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering and Computing & Information Science

Cornell University, 242 Upson Hall, Ithaca NY 14853, USA

Office: (607) 255 1686 Lab: (607) 254 8940 Fax: (607) 255 1222

Email: Hod.L...@cornell.edu

Web: http://www.mae.cornell.edu/lipson

Calendar: http://lipson.mae.cornell.edu/calendar.htm

Abdul Hadi Azman

Dec 3, 2014, 2:34:58 PM12/3/14
to st...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Hod

Neri Volpato

Dec 16, 2014, 12:27:52 PM12/16/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I know it is a bit out of the scope of this group, but can anyone help me this point?
According to ASTM F2792 − 12, Standard Terminology for Additive Manufacturing Technologies,

vat photopolymerization, n—an additive manufacturing process in which liquid photopolymer in a vat is selectively cured by light-activated polymerization.

What about the mask photopolymerization processes, are they in this vat category?
They do not use a vat!

Thanks.

Volpato

Rosen, David W

Dec 16, 2014, 6:05:03 PM12/16/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
Mask photopolymerization is classified as a vat photopolymerization process.  Many of the mask-based processes and machines do have a vat or could be interpreted as having a shallow vat.  Regardless of vat depth, the basic part building process is similar across the class in that a mask is used to project a cross-section shape into a material that photopolymerizes.

Viewed differently, the mask photopolymerization process shares a lot more similarity with the vat photopolymerization class than with any of the other six classes in the ASTM classification.

Cheers,

David W. Rosen
Morris M. Bryan, Jr. Professor and Associate Chair for Administration
The George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
813 Ferst Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332-0405
404-894-9668  david...@me.gatech.edu