Ice Machine & Plotter Printer

1 view

Matt Follett

Oct 30, 2009, 12:19:06 AM10/30/09
to stl-barcamp
Hey all,

Does anyone have access to an ice machine or a plotter printer?  We'll need ice for the coolers and if we could print out giant schedule sheets then we'd save a little money for our sponsors.

Thanks,
Matt Follett

Bill Odom

Oct 30, 2009, 1:43:31 AM10/30/09
to stl-b...@googlegroups.com

What are we planning to use the plotter for? In my experience, BarCamp
schedules tend to be sprawling Post-It fandangos that cover a wall and
get scribbled and shifted and reconfoberated with abandon:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barcamp/1163413410

Or am I missing something?

Bill

P.S. - No idea about the ice machine.

Matt Follett

Oct 30, 2009, 9:21:52 AM10/30/09
to stl-b...@googlegroups.com

I was hoping to use the printer to make a giant grid with hours on it
to help organize placement. It looks like there is something similar
in that picture.

~Matt

maizeMU

Oct 30, 2009, 11:46:02 AM10/30/09
to STL BarCamp
Possible alternative to printing a grid:
drawing a grid on a large poster board (or on several large poster
boards)?

Matt Follett

Oct 30, 2009, 12:05:28 PM10/30/09
to stl-b...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely, that is a good alternative.  But I'm a fundamentally lazy person and printers just do such a great job. :D

~Matt

maizeMU

Oct 31, 2009, 9:47:43 AM10/31/09
to STL BarCamp
I totally agree with your strategy: Let the machine do the work. :)

I just remembered that I have an "end-roll" of newsprint paper. I also
own some Sharpie markers that I could bring. If you need them for the
schedule grid or for other uses, please let me know and we'll bring
them.
--Christopher
> > boards)?- Hide quoted text -

Roger Waggener

Oct 31, 2009, 9:57:55 AM10/31/09
to stl-b...@googlegroups.com
Even easier- use colored tape.
It might cost a bit, but it will make quick, straight, visible lines.

Matthew Homann

Oct 31, 2009, 9:11:43 AM10/31/09
to STL BarCamp
So long as you have a blank wall and some blue painter's tape, you're
all set. Tape up a grid and use post-its or papers with tape for the
schedule. No need to get too complicated, as the schedule will change
throughout the day(s) anyway.

On Oct 30, 11:05 am, Matt Follett <matt.foll...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Absolutely, that is a good alternative.  But I'm a fundamentally lazy person
> and printers just do such a great job. :D
>
> ~Matt

lrok...@agenthr.com

Oct 31, 2009, 2:08:35 PM10/31/09
to stl-b...@googlegroups.com