Open for registration email

Matt

Sep 24, 2009, 1:32:46 PM9/24/09
to STL BarCamp
Hey all,

I'm going to start sending this email out to different tech groups in
St. Louis to drum up registrations. If you want to forward it out to
any groups I miss please feel free or if you have any comments on it
let me know.

thanks,
Matt Follett

=================

Hey all,

BarCamp is on and registration is open! Register to be a part of the
fun of actively participating in two days of fast and free discussion
and knowledge sharing. It will be held at Washington University on
November 7th & 8th. We have several rooms, but space is still limited
so its best to register now.

Register here: http://barcampstl2009.eventbrite.com/

Also, registration for BarCamp opened earlier and it was announced
over the wiki, FaceBook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. The moral of that
story is that if you want to know what is going on with BarCamp you
should follow one of those:
wiki - http://tinyurl.com/barcamp-stl
Twitter - http://twitter.com/BarCampSTL
FaceBook - http://tinyurl.com/stl-barcamp-fb
LinkedIn - http://tinyurl.com/barcamp-stl-li

If you missed the official announcement that BarCamp St. Louis 2009
was on you can find it here: http://tinyurl.com/stl-barcamp-announc

Thanks,
BarCamp STL '09 Staff

Matt

Sep 24, 2009, 2:15:42 PM9/24/09
to STL BarCamp
Hey all,

I got some suggestions off list and added a section that includes a
brief description of BarCamp again, how does this look?

==========================

Hey all,

BarCamp is on and registration is open! Register to be a part of the
fun of actively participating in two days of fast and free discussion
and knowledge sharing. It will be held at Washington University on
November 7th & 8th. We have several rooms, but space is still limited
so its best to register now.

Register here: http://barcampstl2009.eventbrite.com/

For those of you who are still unfamiliar with BarCamp it is a
gathering of people in an open environment in an attempt to spread
ideas through open discussion, demos, and presentations. The event
starts with everyone introducing themselves and then a schedule board
is passed around where people can sign up to give talks in the open
time slots. No talks are decided before the event and it is generally
hoped that everyone tries to participate in the discussions. More
information about BarCamps can be found on Wikipedia (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCamp ) and the BarCamp website
( http://www.barcamp.org ) including information on what to expect
( http://barcamp.org/WhatToExpect ) and the rules ( http://barcamp.org/TheRulesOfBarCamp
).