who is coming to the lunch today? (theme: #altmetrics and research impact)

Egon Willighagen

Nov 10, 2011, 4:05:27 AM11/10/11
to stk...@lists.okfn.org, stk...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

who is joining the Stockholm Open Science lunch meetup today? I'll go
to MF around 11:45, and put a white A4-sign on the desk. I got a light
green coat and darker green fleece...

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen
Postdoctoral Researcher

Daniel Lundin

Nov 10, 2011, 4:08:50 AM11/10/11
to stk...@googlegroups.com
2011/11/10 Egon Willighagen <egon.wil...@gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> who is joining the Stockholm Open Science lunch meetup today? I'll go
> to MF around 11:45, and put a white A4-sign on the desk. I got a light
> green coat and darker green fleece...
>
> Egon

I'm coming.

/Daniel

Ola Spjuth

Nov 10, 2011, 4:12:20 AM11/10/11
to stk...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I'm at the Scheele Symposium conference today.

/Ola

Martin Eklund

Nov 10, 2011, 4:15:48 AM11/10/11
to stk...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I have another lunch meeting (probably also at MF though, so depending on how long it becomes I may be able to join you after a while).

Martin.

Egon Willighagen

Nov 10, 2011, 7:59:31 AM11/10/11
to stk...@lists.okfn.org, stk...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Egon Willighagen
<egon.wil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> who is joining the Stockholm Open Science lunch meetup today? I'll go
> to MF around 11:45, and put a white A4-sign on the desk. I got a light
> green coat and darker green fleece...

we discussed #altmetrics a bit, the 'alternative' to the more
classical citation-based bibliometrics, and I had printed webpages
from these two pages:

Total-Impact:

http://total-impact.org/report.php?id=TLaLMQ

and this application, showing 'hot' papers:

http://altmetric.com/interface/explorer.html

that measured the hottiness using altmetrics ... (googling for
#altmetrics will return a lot of reading material)

Some application of traditional biobliometrics, the Journal Impact
Factor, which is sometimes evilly used as indication of how important
any paper in that journal is, is Nature selling year subscriptions for
their journals at their JIF rate (so, Nature for €36 per yr, others
even cheaper, as low as €10 for a year of Nature Geosciences):

http://www.nature.com/content/npg/High_Impact/index.html

This deal closes in five days...

Egon

PS. please let everyone know who may be interested to sign up to the
mailing list at: http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/stkhmos

PPS: and just as a reminder, our social hashtag is #stkhmos , just in
case you like to advertise it online :)

Valentin Georgiev

Nov 10, 2011, 4:46:55 AM11/10/11
to stk...@googlegroups.com
And I have a dentist booked for 11:30. Believe it or not , I'd love to join the OS lunch instead but...

Valentin

--
Valentin Georgiev
mobile: +46 73 65 64 984

Egon Willighagen

Nov 12, 2011, 2:36:01 AM11/12/11
to stk...@googlegroups.com
Valentin,

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Valentin Georgiev
<georgie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And I have a dentist booked for 11:30. Believe it or not , I'd love to join
> the OS lunch instead but...

I have set up a Doodle, so that you can indicate which days you are
available in December:

http://www.doodle.com/g3ke3m6h6izh9ay9