Next Monday; "The Open Knowledge Foundation: Open Data Means Better Science"

Egon Willighagen

Dec 7, 2011, 7:05:09 AM12/7/11
to stk...@googlegroups.com, stk...@lists.okfn.org
Hi all,

not less than 13 people have already signed up for the "Stockholm Open
Science" lunch meeting next Monday! I am really happy about that, and
is a nice finish of an autumn series of monthly lunch meetings!

I would also like to point to this paper that Jenny Molloy wrote up
for PLoS Biology on behalf of the 'open science' group (everyone can
join) of the Open Knowledge Foundation:

http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pbio.1001195

with the title: "The Open Knowledge Foundation: Open Data Means Better Science"

Maybe we can take up this paper as opportunity to make 'Open Data' the
main theme next week? Of course, anything question, comment, on any
other aspect of Open Science can still be discussed too!

Looking forward to seeing you all next week!

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen
Postdoctoral Researcher

Egon Willighagen

Dec 12, 2011, 11:45:27 AM12/12/11
to stk...@googlegroups.com, stk...@lists.okfn.org
Hi all,

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Egon Willighagen
<egon.wil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> not less than 13 people have already signed up for the "Stockholm Open
> Science" lunch meeting next Monday! I am really happy about that, and
> is a nice finish of an autumn series of monthly lunch meetings!

Thanks to all who joined! It was great meeting! My apologies for MF
being closed... I should have checked that :/

I know not everyone who added their name to the Doodle made it, and
had three cancels (thanx!)...

This Thursday I am just going to have another Stockholm Open Science,
and please feel free to join in (again)... I have not spoken with
everyone, and more than interesting to talk to others too! At least
two others promised to come, who canceled today...

Thursday MF is open again :)

Let me know if you plan to come... Daniel suggested earlier, to beat
to rush, so 11:40?