Fwd: Encourage "A Kingdom of Priests"

jeremy klaustermeier

Jul 3, 2024, 12:41:07 PM (13 hours ago) Jul 3
to stjohnsw...@googlegroups.com

Your Weekly Devotion and News from the Missouri District Office
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up,
just as you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Volume IX, Issue 27

July 3, 2024

A Kingdom of Priests

Rev. Dr. R. Lee Hagan

Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine; and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.

Exodus 19:5-6

The Lord chose Israel out of all the nations of the earth to be His people. They are treasured by God because of His gracious choosing. Through faith in Christ, we are the new Israel, a holy nation. God’s call to us in Holy Baptism has made us to be a kingdom of priests. Each member of this kingdom of Christ is therefore one who has been set apart for service. It is often called the priesthood of the baptized and refers to each Christian offering to God spiritual sacrifices through their unique service.

Rather than just one pastor being called from within a congregation, the royal priesthood is a teaching that means that all Christians are chosen by God for service in their varied vocations. Each congregation is blessed by all of the members being able to share their gifts and talents in service to Christ and His Church.  Imagine what God is able to do when the priesthood of the baptized is mobilized for service rather than just limiting our congregations to what pastors and full-time church workers can do.

While we want to see congregations reaching more people with the Gospel, it is a good thing for us to remember and give thanks to God for the priesthood of the baptized and all the ways in which they serve. Our congregations are truly blessed by seniors who have more time and great experience on which they draw in their service. Churches are also blessed by youth and young adults who are innovative and willing to serve in new ways. There is a place in our congregations for all of God’s people to use their gifts and serve. May God bless your congregation as the royal priesthood is mobilized for faithful service in Christ’s name.

Prayer – Lord God Almighty, even as You bless Your servants with various and unique gifts of the Holy Spirit, continue to grant us the grace to use them always to Your honor and glory; through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Fraternally in Christ,

President Lee Hagan

Keep Scrolling for District News and Events

Professor Workshops This Summer

We are excited to have two learning opportunities this summer from our seminaries! July 8–10, join Dr. Grobien, from Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, present on "Law, Virtue, and Life in Christ" at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Kansas City. Then stop by Trinity Lutheran Church in Springfield July 29–31 and hear Dr. Golden, from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, present "It Stand Written: The New Testament Appropriation of the Old Testament".

Click here for more information and registration.

This week long workshop will teach religious sign skills and provide resources about training and ongoing support. From total beginner to expert, hearing or deaf, there's something for everyone.

Click here to learn more about this great outreach opportunity.

Transformational Leadership

Summer Administrators' Conference

Administrators of Missouri, we are excited to join with you this July at the summer conference, "Transformational Leadership: Strong & Courageous". We are once again hosted at the lovely Campus Lutheran in Columbia. We can't wait to gather with you this summer!

Click for registration, lodging, schedule, and speaker information.

While our 2023–2024 Webinar Series has drawn to a close, did you know that you can access these great resources at any time? Topics to aid in your ministry include "Reaching & Engaging Your Community", "Successful Blended Budget Planning", "4 Steps Towards Faith Formation in the Home", "I Have a Prodigal, Now What?", and more.

Simply visit mo.lcms.org/webinars to access these at any time.

Blessings on your week!
Facebook  Instagram  Twitter  Youtube

Missouri District of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod | 660 Mason Ridge Center Dr #100 | St. Louis, MO 63141 US

Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice

Constant Contact