Too many checkboxes

Jan Terhag

Aug 5, 2019, 3:39:25 AM8/5/19
to stimfit
 Hi all,

first of all, thank you very much for the great work you do. I recently started recording mEPSCs and was quite disappointed by most available programs until I came across stimfit. However, I have one issue though: Aftrer running event detection, I get way too many checkboxes, making it very hard to un-select false-positives. I've seen Anand Kulkarni's post regarding the same issue here, and I updated the three files fixed by Christoph here, but unfortunately the problem persists (see screenshot). Can there be anything done about that?

Cheers,

Jan

checkboxes.png

Jan Terhag

Aug 6, 2019, 12:20:36 AM8/6/19
to stimfit
I just realised that this happens when I run multiple detection runs with different detection thresholds - the checkboxes from the previous run don't disappear.

Christoph Schmidt-Hieber

Aug 23, 2019, 5:49:15 AM8/23/19
to sti...@googlegroups.com
I’ve just tested a build from June 2018 on Linux, where I could reproduce this issue.

I then tested a build using the latest code, and the problem has disappeared.

Seems like this was fixed at the time, but the fix has not made it into the Windows build yet.

Here’s the fix:
https://github.com/neurodroid/stimfit/commit/d78b0c52

The reason that this has not been fixed yet is that I do not have a Windows machine set up to build stimfit.

The changes were made to C++ source files, they need to be compiled to have any effect.

The solution is to recruit someone who can build stimfit on Windows, as I’m lacking the resources at this time.

The instructions are here:
https://neurodroid.github.io/stimfit/win_install_guide/index.html

It takes about a day to set up a Windows PC with all required tools. Some of these tools are heavily outdated and difficult to source, but they cannot be replaced because we’re stuck with Python 2.7 for the time being.

I’m happy to discuss why we’re stuck with Python 2.7 in a separate thread if there’s any interest.
> <checkboxes.png>
>

> --
>
> ---
> <checkboxes.png>

Matt McCabe

Aug 26, 2019, 2:24:52 PM8/26/19
to stimfit
I would be interested in discussing the Python 2.7 hangup. If I remember correctly, it has to do with WX GUI framework? But with Scipy dropping 2.7 support on January 1, 2020, it seem like it would be a good idea to discuss what needs to be done going forward.

Christoph Schmidt-Hieber

Aug 27, 2019, 4:05:30 AM8/27/19
to stimfit
I’ve opened a new issue concerning Python 3 support on GitHub:

https://github.com/neurodroid/stimfit/issues/79

Please move the discussion about Python 3 to GitHub