Threshold

Sally Kim

Mar 20, 2017, 3:46:16 PM3/20/17
to stimfit
Hi Chris,

Again, thanks for the amazing program and quick replies.

One of great functions of stimfit is automatically (quickly) detecting spike threshold without having to calculate the first or second derivative of the voltage. I tried to search for how the program obtains the threshold.  It would be helpful if I know which derivative used to determine the threshold (first or second).  It seems like you can manipulate the point where the speed of the voltage change should be (default: 20 mV/ms from Cursor settings --> Peak).

Thanks
Sally

Jose Guzman

Mar 20, 2017, 5:29:36 PM3/20/17
to sti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sally,

The threshold in Stimfit is calculated as the value (in the y-axis) where the slope exceeds a rate value (FIRST DERIVATIVE) defined by the user (e.g. 20 mV/ms). It´s written in the page 4 of our publication [1].

Let me know if you need more help. Thanks for using Stimfit

Jose

JoSe GuZmAn

[1] Guzman SJ, Schlögl A, Schmidt-Hieber C (2014) Stimfit: quantifying electrophysiological data with Python. Front Neuroinform 8:16.

--

---