Convert file series not working in 0.11.4?

Topher

Nov 27, 2012, 11:24:13 AM11/27/12
to sti...@googlegroups.com
Hello folks,

Following the great help from Christoph for building the latest source on OS X, I am finding an issue that is present in this build, though I am not sure if it could be from an error on my part when compiling or with some bug in the code (though I suspect the latter). When I use the convert file series feature it work just fine, but the resulting waves appear blank and when imported into Igor Pro the following error occurs:

  *** IGOR detected an inconsistency in the file for wave 'Pdiode' ***

This happens when using the "LoadWave" command in Igor, and the resulting imported wave is the following:

This same wave converted with a prior version of Stimfit (version 0.11.1) results in no error and a properly imported wave:

The file being converted is a pClamp 10 ABF file, which I have attached to this message if you would like to use for testing and debugging. The file contains three traces, and all three give this same behavior when imported.

This is being run on an OS X 10.8.2 system running Stimfit 0.11.4 that I compiled from source. The pClamp suite being used is version 10.3, and Igor Pro is version 6.22A.

Thanks a bunch,
-Topher

Topher

Nov 27, 2012, 11:26:29 AM11/27/12
to sti...@googlegroups.com
I cannot seem to attach the ABF file to the google group for now (keep getting a server communication error "340"), but can email it to anyone if they would like to troubleshoot the issue. I'll try packing it in a zip archive in this reply, so hopefully that will work...

-Topher

2012_11_06_0014.abf.zip

Jose Guzman

Nov 27, 2012, 1:07:17 PM11/27/12
to sti...@googlegroups.com
I've got the file. I will try to work as soon on this issue as I get a
hand on a Windows machine.

Jose

--
Jose Guzman
http://www.ist.ac.at/~jguzman/

Christoph Schmidt-Hieber

Nov 27, 2012, 1:13:48 PM11/27/12
to sti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jose,

just to let you know that you'll have to do the conversion itself on
linux to replicate this bug because the Windows code for Igor files is
considerably different. Hope that it isn't OS X-specific in the end.

Thanks for your help,
Christoph

Jose Guzman

Nov 27, 2012, 1:42:04 PM11/27/12
to sti...@googlegroups.com
Great, good to know,t omorrow I will let you know how the transform
work in LInux.

Jose

Jose Guzman

Feb 8, 2013, 6:32:18 AM2/8/13
to sti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Topher,

The but that you reported has been recently solved in the last revision
of Stimfit (see
http://code.google.com/p/stimfit/source/detail?r=586b9dbe9afc0b93f794c5552776dbc53b138b20).

Everything should be working now. See Issue 26 for details.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you find any troubles.

Best

Jose