Stet Lab 03-14-11

Stet Lab curator

Mar 1, 2011, 8:48:57 AM3/1/11
to Stet Lab - announce
Stet Lab featuring Danny McCarthy and Kevin Terry will take place on
Monday, March 14, 2011, upstairs @ The Roundy, Castle Street, Cork,
Ireland [see map below…].

Stet Lab featuring Danny McCarthy and Kevin Terry

Monday, 14 March 2011

9:00 pm (doors: 8:45 pm)

Upstairs @ The Roundy [see map below…]
Castle Street
Cork, Ireland

€6 (€3)

Up-to-date info at:
http://www.busterandfriends.com/stet/diary/

Cork’s monthly improvised music event—Stet Lab—continues its fourth
season of on-stage mutations and hybrids on Monday, March 14th 2011,
upstairs at The Roundy Bar, Castle Street, Cork City. This regular,
yet unique meeting between novice and veteran improvisers alike stays
close to home and welcomes Cork-based improvisers Danny McCarthy and
Kevin Terry.

Seen on a regular basis performing as part of the Quiet Club, Danny
McCarthy is a pioneer in the performance of art and sound. His work
has been used both on TV and radio and taken him around the world
including installations at Hearing Place, Melbourne, Australia; and
Museo Fotografia, Milano, Italy.

McCarthy’s respect of space and his surroundings has a key influence
on his performance. “The sounds I tend to use have a universality and
the work should work in any culture,” says McCarthy in an interview
with Slavka Sverkova. “Space influences my work hugely and I really
enjoy working with space as a medium. I tend to let the space form the
work rather that trying to impose the work in the space.” This passion
and ethos should create a night of Improvisation that allows the
listener to experience sound and improvisation as apart of the
process.

Performing alongside Danny McCarthy is Kevin Terry, a regular to Stet
Lab, Terry’s guitar playing should contrast McCarthy’s soundscape,
creating a diverse sonic experience.

Also performing at the event will be Stet Lab’s house band, a group of
Cork-based improvisers appearing as The Real-Time Company (for the Ad-
Hoc Association) Of.

The event will begin at 21:00 and entry has been reduced to €6 (€3).

further information:

Stet Lab: http://www.busterandfriends.com/stet

Map to venue: http://bit.ly/bSUK5x