STENZ

1 view

Samuel Mann

Oct 16, 2009, 11:03:24 PM10/16/09
to Boyle, Carol, Ella Lawton, Montgomerie, Hayden, Branthwaite, Hilary, Kari Adams, Hewson, Kate, Kearins, Kate, Williams, Pam, st...@googlegroups.com, Kelly, Terry, Verity, Rex, Cartwright, Wayne, wendy...@phase2.org

Folks,

1. TES

You will have seen the email I just sent about the Tertiary Education Strategy – It would be good if you could prompt your organisations to include EfS in their submission (I talked to Phil Ker on Thursday, he says the VC/CEs are all busy writing submissions this week so now would be a good time to strike).

This email is about a STENZ submission.    We need to write one.    I started writing notes here: http://wikieducator.org/Stenz/Projects/Stenz_Advocacy_and_liaison/Submission

Please feel very free to edit.

2. Funding

We didn’t get the Ako funding we applied for.   Kate (Kearins) and I are trying to meet at the end of next week to see how we can accomplish the benchmarking project.  Any ideas, please let us know.

3. Meeting

We’re on the hold-your-breath-until-the-end-of-the-year-run here and assume everyone else is the same.  It would be good, though to have a phone meeting in the next week or so.     How are people placed for 4 o’clock on the 19th?

Must be time to actually have what is left of Saturday.

Cheers

Samuel Mann

Associate Professor
Department of Information Technology
Education for Sustainability Portfolio
Otago Polytechnic
Te Kura Matatini ki Otago
http://computingforsustainability.wordpress.com/
64 3 479 6128
mb 021 735 493

This email has been scrubbed for your protection by SMX. For more information visit smx.co.nz

Samuel Mann

Oct 18, 2009, 9:17:21 PM10/18/09
to Pam Williams, Boyle, Carol, Ella Lawton, Montgomerie, Hayden, Branthwaite, Hilary, Hewson, Kate, Kearins, Kate, st...@googlegroups.com, Kelly, Terry, Verity, Rex, Cartwright, Wayne, wendy...@phase2.org, j.a...@paradise.net.nz

Folks,

Don’t know why my fingers typed 19th when I was looking at diary for the week after.

So: Monday 26th October 4pm.

Hope you’re all writing nice letters to the suits reminding them to include EfS in their responses to the draft Tertiary Education Strategy.

Cheers

SaM

Oct 28, 2009, 9:49:39 PM10/28/09
to Pam Williams, Kate Hewson, Boyle, Carol, Ella Lawton, Montgomerie, Hayden, Branthwaite, Hilary, Kearins, Kate, st...@googlegroups.com, Kelly, Terry, Verity, Rex, Cartwright, Wayne, wendy...@phase2.org, j.a...@paradise.net.nz

Folks,

Sorry about the phonecall confusion.  The pointy end of the year seems very pointy this year.

I’ve attached the Ako rejection letter.  Makes it clear that it was a good application that they didn’t see value in.

Let’s try again for a phonecall at 4pm on Monday the 2nd November.    Hopefully Jane can reply with a phone number.

I’m in Auckland on Friday the 6th November (bizarrely on the way home from Palmerston North).    Keen to catch up with anyone there.

Cheers

SaM