Ask for help How to change the bearing base point

天火同人

Jun 3, 2024, 9:10:18 AMJun 3
to Stellarium
请告诉我如何更精确地划分方位角基点,将当前的八个方向改为十二个方向,并使用中国文化中的十二生肖动物来标记它们。谢谢。

Georg Zotti

Jun 3, 2024, 9:32:16 AMJun 3
to Stellarium
For reference, and with thanks to Google Translate, the question was:
> Please tell me how to divide the azimuth cardinal points more precisely, change the current eight directions to twelve directions, and use the twelve zodiac animals in Chinese culture to mark them. Thank you.

You can set 4/8/16/32 partitions of the azimuths in the View settings. 12 is not available.
While I know about the 12 Chinese "zodiacal" animals, there seem to be no constellation figures of these names. Or please tell us more, what is the astronomical meaning of a "year of the dragon"?
If there is a cultural link of the 12 "zodiacal" animals with azimuth points, we are unaware of that. You could create a landscape with such annotations!

Kind regards,
Georg