Display velocity in km/h?

KatanaDV20

Jul 29, 2022, 12:26:38 AM7/29/22
to Stellarium
Hello friends,

I'm new to Stellarium and new to astronomy in general, its all so exciting and this software is amazing, thank you to the creators of Stellarium. Thanks to it I saw Jupiter for the first time with my own eyes and even saw 4 moons of it! A question:

Possible to show velocity in km/h?
  • F2  > Configuration > Information  --> Velocity check box
  • This is displayed as Orbital Velocity in km/s.
Is it possible to make it display in km/h? Another menu somewhere?

Thanks friends :)

Georg Zotti

Jul 29, 2022, 4:47:27 AM7/29/22
to Stellarium
It's not possible. Depending on object and actual speed, the units may be changed to use the most meaningful, but usually this is just km/s. Multiply by 3600 to get km/h.