New to Stellarium - where can I input RA/dec?

Dinah Danby

Nov 10, 2021, 7:07:52 PM11/10/21
to Stellarium
I have a small educational business selling posters of galaxies with info and position. I'm looking for a site I can send customers to, where they can input RA/dec (or even just the NGC number) and it will generate a basic finder chart, showing the position of the galaxy within a constellation. Can I do this in Stellarium?

Alexander Wolf

Nov 20, 2021, 2:39:29 AM11/20/21
to Stellarium
Hi!

чт, 11 нояб. 2021 г. в 07:07, Dinah Danby <dan...@gmail.com>:
I have a small educational business selling posters of galaxies with info and position. I'm looking for a site I can send customers to, where they can input RA/dec (or even just the NGC number) and it will generate a basic finder chart, showing the position of the galaxy within a constellation. Can I do this in Stellarium?

All editions of Stellarium can find and show NGC objects by their numbers (include borders, lines and names of parent constellations of course), but generating a basic finder chart (a classic finder chart I mean) is out of scope for Stellarium.

For example in Stellarium Web you may use a similar request: https://stellarium-web.org/skysource/NGC10 or in Stellarium Desktop use Search Tool to find the DSO.

--
With best regards, Alexander