New Install,

28 views
Skip to first unread message

joep...@gmail.com

unread,
Oct 2, 2026, 9:58:22 AM (9 days ago) Oct 2
to Stellarium
Been a happy user of this program for longer than I can remember. Awesome!

BUT a recent computer crash and I'm starting all over.
Now on WIN 11,  But I see three versions I could download.

How do I determine what version is best for me?

Joe

Georg Zotti

unread,
Oct 2, 2026, 10:07:59 AM (9 days ago) Oct 2
to Stellarium
If you have a Windows ARM64 computer (some of the latest MS Surface or such, usually "Snapdragon" CPU), download the version for Windows for ARM64.
If you have a reasonably recent computer (post-2018) with Intel or AMD processor (x86_64 architecture, something called "Core", "Ryzen", "N150", "Pentium", ...) running Windows 11 without restrictions, try the Qt6-based Windows 10+ version.
If you have a very old computer (2008-2018, those unable to upgrade to Windows 11), try the Qt5-based Windows 7+ version.

Joe. P

unread,
Oct 2, 2026, 12:10:20 PM (9 days ago) Oct 2
to stell...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Georg,,
All Installed.
Now a new question for the gang here. Something I have always wondered, when I look in the start area, there are 7 Stellariums, what is that all about?

Joe

Virus-free.www.avg.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Stellarium" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to stellarium+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/stellarium/b7ae0fc2-d045-4b3d-89c9-cdc2b696996dn%40googlegroups.com.

Susanne M Hoffmann

unread,
Oct 2, 2026, 12:47:20 PM (9 days ago) Oct 2
to Stellarium
mystery, of course - didn't you know the "blue seven phenomenon" ;-) 

seriously: different, in some cases even distinct distributions (with different datasets and features, if distinct); distinct means different code

Georg Zotti

unread,
Oct 2, 2026, 1:19:34 PM (9 days ago) Oct 2
to Stellarium
As a long-time user, you have lived through this development. User Guide, chapters 5 and 6 will remind or enlighten you. Or our FAQ, or your favourite search engine. I have written it too often now, sorry.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages