Sky-Watcher and Stellarium settings

Gadgetman Bowen

Sep 17, 2022, 12:11:53 AM9/17/22
to Stellarium

I have noticed the last couple of times I have used Stellarium this week, that after slewing to a target it is not exactly on the target and using the SYC command to center on the target, the target icon still goes off target.  When I complete the star align while setting up the telescope, Stellarium is on the star when I connect to Stellarium.  However, I do not connect to Stellarium until after I have completed star alignment for the telescope.

I have a Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro GEM with a SynScan hand controller version 04.39.10.

After getting my telescope polar and star aligned, I connect the USB port on the hand controller to the computer.  I do not connect to the GEM’s USB port on the mount.  I do not use EQMOD.  Then I run Device Manager to check COM Port and then Run ASCOM Tools to connect the hand controller/telescope.

Lat/Long are correct in both the hand controller, Stellarium and NINA.

Stellarium settings for Configure Telescope

  • Telescope control; ASCOM
  • Telescope properties: J200
  • ASCOM Settings; Skywatcher telescope
  • COM Port selection is correct.
  • Let ASCOM device decide is selected.

Unless the ASCOM Settings should be something other than the Skywatcher telescope, I do not know what is wrong.  I do not recall this being an issue prior to this week.  It has been many months since using my Sky-Watcher GEM due to knee surgery and weather conditions.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Thank you,

Jerry Bowen

Gadgetman Bowen