3361 Orpheus (1982 HR) in solar system editor?

Glenn Newell

Nov 21, 2021, 6:39:01 PM11/21/21
to Stellarium
Looking at various Asteroids lists in Stellarium's Solar System Editor I'm not finding any entries for  3361 Orpheus (1982 HR) under either designation.

Anybody know where to get that?

Glenn Newell

Nov 21, 2021, 6:43:39 PM11/21/21
to Stellarium
I found it by doing an "online search" for 3361 Orpheus, vs. looking in an existing list.

Looks like it never rises at my location, however.

Steven Foss

Nov 21, 2021, 10:49:39 PM11/21/21
to stell...@googlegroups.com

Hello Glenn:  Check out the Stellarium PDF Operators Manual.  Go down to section 12.7 – Solar System Editor Plugin.  The Stellarium developers have a pretty good explanation there on how to access all asteroid information via the Minor Planet Center database.