Landscape Horizon placement

Gadgetman Bowen

Oct 22, 2021, 2:12:01 PM10/22/21
to Stellarium

Making a custom landscape in Stellarium, I have a question regarding horizon placement.  The picture size in height is 1024 per some YouTube videos I have watched.  In Photoshop CS2 I know how to drag a line to the center of the picture to aid in horizon.  So the horizontal line is placed at (1024 /2 )= 512 on the vertical scale.  The other night I was noticing that a star was in my tree but not in the Stellarium’s view of the tree I had made previously.  The question is do I raise the picture up or do I lower the picture to get a better horizon placement?  It seems to be a guess in horizon placement.  I can advance the time and change the date in Stellarium to simulate the same time and date that the star would be located to check my rework.  I just have to redo the picture's placement in the PNG file.

Gadgetman Bowen

Oct 24, 2021, 1:50:59 PM10/24/21
to Stellarium
I just adjusted the PNG file and reloaded the file several times until I got the landscape close to the position of the star/planet to my roof top at the known time and date of the observation.  Actually did this during the night since I have Photoshop CS2 on my laptop while imagining in my backyard.