Stellarium and the ASCOM Universal Driver

John Larysz

Sep 25, 2022, 1:32:22 PM9/25/22
to Stellarium

Does anyone have advice on setting up Stellarium to communicate with the ASCOM Universal Hub? I'm trying and failing.

I have the ASCOM universal HUB set up, and my telescope mount connects to it with the Meade Universal ASCOM driver. I think this driver is not written by Meade, but that how it appears in my drivers list.

When I run Stellarium, and then the telescope plugin, I can connect the telescope directly using the same driver and it works fine. There's no option called "ASCOM hub" in Stellarium, but there is a connect option labelled "ASCOM". It doesn't do anything; when I try to connect with this option there's a long wait and then timeout.

I've tried YouTube and listened to long discourses but nothing specific enough for me. What does that "ASCOM" option in Stellarium do?

   Thanks

John Larysz

Sep 25, 2022, 1:46:21 PM9/25/22
to Stellarium
OK, I've figured it out. Just asking made me think more clearly. I missed a scroll bar in the configuration popup where I could specify a driver.