Stellarium connect to my telescope but can't move it.

Pei Iborra

Apr 15, 2024, 1:42:18 PMApr 15
to Stellarium
Hello everyone.

I have a GreatPolaris mount with TF2 automation from AstroElectronic. I've been using it on Cartes du Ciel, using the LX200 compatible protocol and a serial cable and USB adapter. In Cartes du Ciel it works well.
But I prefer to use Stellarium instead of Cartes du Ciel. For this reason, I tried connecting the telescope to Stellarium using the plugin, reporting the proper port and LX200 protocol. Stellarium is able to connect, display the position of the telescope on the screen I can even see the reticle moving in the sky when I move my telescope using the TF2 physical control.
But when I want to send a Goto command from Stellarium, the physical controls very briefly show "Slew to..." But the telescope does not move. In Cartes du Ciel the message 'Slew to...' remains on the screen while the telescope is moving.
There is no ASCOM installed and I preffer not use it in order tho have a simple connection.

Can somebody help me?
Thank you in advance.
Pei Iborra