Admin rights for config.ini

Geoffrey Wyatt

Apr 23, 2024, 3:01:35 AMApr 23
to Stellarium
Hi all,
I am trying to change the constellation line colour and have found it in the default_cfg.ini file. I've edited it in Notepad but I can't save it as it states I need admin rights.

I do have admin rights so am a little confused. Any suggestions please?

Regards
Geoff

Georg Zotti

Apr 23, 2024, 3:19:00 AMApr 23
to Stellarium
You never edit default_cfg.ini or any other file in the program directory where admin permissions are required for a reason ("change only if explicitly instructed to do so"!). Chapter 5 in the User Guide tells you where your private files are. Much simpler is using the program's exisiting GUI, though. User Guide, section 4.4.4, has the most comprehensive textual description.

Geoffrey Wyatt

Apr 23, 2024, 4:50:54 AMApr 23
to stell...@googlegroups.com
Please ignore as I’m stupid. The config.ini file was simply hidden on my new computer.
All fixed.
Cheerio
Geoff

東京ジェフより