Low power problems.

Philip Sodemann

Apr 19, 2024, 9:21:48 PMApr 19
to Stellarium
I noticed that every scope I used in the simulation, any low power magnification up to around 200X does not come in until it exceeds that magnification.   All the scopes will not allow me to get any planet in until it reaches over 200X.  When looking through an 80mm f5 refractor with a max resolution of 160X, once i reach it... there's no planet Saturn... or anything.

Does this problem have to do with setting adjustments that I don't know about?

Georg Zotti

Apr 23, 2024, 4:16:25 AMApr 23
to Stellarium
This is the way it has been implemented. Saturn (and most other planets) needs significant "overmagnification" (by using a shorter ocular)  to leave the "bright blurry dot" state and fill a larger diameter on the screen.