Soroban Phase 1 Settings are Live

Justin

Feb 27, 2024, 12:20:08 PMFeb 27
to Stellar Developers

Today at 1700 UTC, validators voted to increase network limits on smart contracts, which means Stellar is now in Phase 1 of the Soroban rollout!

At this point, devs who are ready can deploy contracts to Mainnet, but throughput will remain limited so that operators of network infrastructure can continue to observe the effects of adding smart contracts to the very-much-alive network.

Interested in examining the current network settings, or previewing new network settings proposals when they're available?  Check out the Stellar Expert Protocol Upgrade History page.  Interested in finding out more about how Soroban network settings votes work?  Check out the Soroban Settings doc.

Next up: the Phase 2 settings vote, which would introduce resource limits high enough to support smart contracts in production.  We'll schedule that after observing Phase 1 for a bit, and I'll update you here as soon as we do.  In the meantime, please make sure to share any feedback you have in the Stellar Dev Discord!  We're super excited to see contracts coming to life!