Enhancing SEP-9 Financial Account Fields

Yusuf Dağ

Feb 26, 2024, 9:20:46 AMFeb 26
to Stellar Developers
Hello everyone,

Following our previous discussion about updating SEP-6 protocol, now we have an `instructions` field for deposit instructions. Within these instructions, we are utilizing SEP-9 Financial Account Fields to incorporate standardized fields. It's really cool, but I believe we should consider extending SEP-9 Financial Account Fields with more options.

My first suggestion is to add a `memo` field, as we already require this in our case. If you have additional suggestions, I think it would be great to discuss and extend SEP-9 further.

Best,
Yusuf DAG

gl...@stellar.org

Feb 27, 2024, 2:15:58 PMFeb 27
to Stellar Developers
Hi Yusuf,

Are you suggesting something like a "memo" that is included in regular bank transfers?
I think it's a great idea, please feel free to open an Issue on Github or even a Pull Request :)

Gleb

Yusuf Dağ

Feb 28, 2024, 10:40:27 AMFeb 28
to Stellar Developers
Hi Gleb,

Yes, that is what I suggested indeed. I'll open an issue and create a PR for that. :) Thanks for your response!

Best, Yusuf