CAP Core Team: 5 CAPs are awaiting your decision

Naman Kumar

Mar 14, 2024, 6:49:03 PMMar 14
to Nicolas Barry, David Mazières, Jed McCaleb, Stellar Developers
A big thank you to the CAP Core Team for deliberating on the 5 proposals discussed during today's Stellar Protocol Meeting. I now request the Team - Nico, David, and Jed - to respond with their decision.

Do you approve, reject, or request revisions for each of the CAPs below?
  1. CAP-51: add support for secp256r1 verification.
  2. CAP-53: create separate functions for extending the time-to-live for contract instance and contract code.
  3. CAP-54: lower total costs by refining the Soroban cost model used for VM instantiation into multiple separate and more-accurate costs.
  4. CAP-55: lower total costs by linking fewer host functions during VM instantiation in Soroban.
  5. CAP-56: lower total costs by caching parsed Wasm modules within a Soroban transaction.

For reference, the CAP process asks for the CAP Core Team's decision to move a CAP from 'Awaiting Decision' state to 'Final Comment Period' state.

Thank you!
Naman

Nicolas Barry

Mar 15, 2024, 12:40:22 PMMar 15
to Naman Kumar, David Mazières, Jed McCaleb, Stellar Developers
Revisions were made to CAP-0054 that I was looking for.

I am voting to accept all of them:
  1. CAP-51: add support for secp256r1 verification.
  2. CAP-53: create separate functions for extending the time-to-live for contract instance and contract code.
  3. CAP-54: lower total costs by refining the Soroban cost model used for VM instantiation into multiple separate and more-accurate costs.
  4. CAP-55: lower total costs by linking fewer host functions during VM instantiation in Soroban.
  5. CAP-56: lower total costs by caching parsed Wasm modules within a Soroban transaction.

Nicolas

Jed McCaleb

Mar 15, 2024, 3:04:43 PMMar 15
to Stellar Developers
Great. I vote to accept all of them.
Jed.

David Mazieres

Mar 18, 2024, 3:15:58 PMMar 18
to Naman Kumar, Nicolas Barry, Jed McCaleb, Stellar Developers
Naman Kumar <na...@stellar.org> writes:

> A big thank you to the CAP Core Team for deliberating on the 5 proposals
> discussed during today's Stellar Protocol Meeting
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BJ1k8P3lvCPwDRYxBDDdOgI-JUM-jJF1prwCKRkL0bA/edit>.
> I now request the Team - Nico, David, and Jed - to respond with their
> decision.
>
> Do you approve, reject, or request revisions for each of the CAPs below?

Approve.

Thanks,
David

Naman Kumar

Mar 18, 2024, 4:24:13 PMMar 18
to David Mazieres, Nicolas Barry, Jed McCaleb, Stellar Developers
Thank you!

Based on the unanimous approval from the CAP Core Team, I've updated the state of all 5 CAPs to "FCP: Accepted".