Testnet Reset: 03/17/21

Justin

Mar 3, 2021, 11:34:10 AM3/3/21
to Stellar Developers

Hey everyone,

The next Stellar testnet reset is scheduled for 03/17/21 at 0900 UTC.  That’s in two weeks.  You can sign up for alerts on our status page:
https://status.stellar.org/

A reset clears all ledger entries and historical data from both Stellar Core and Horizon. After the reset, you may need to recreate accounts, assets, or offers, and this two-week warning should give you some time to figure out how.

Best practices for dealing with the reset:
https://developers.stellar.org/docs/glossary/testnet/#best-practices-for-using-testnet

How Stellar.org recovers from a reset:
https://www.stellar.org/developers/blog/how-stellar-org-recovers-from-a-testnet-reset

Justin

Mar 10, 2021, 11:41:33 AM3/10/21
to Stellar Developers
Hello everyone,

This is your one-week warning: the Stellar test network reset is scheduled for 03/17/21 at 0900 UTC.

The reset will clear all ledger entries and historical data from the testnet, so if you are building on it, make sure to prepare to recreate any and all data you rely on, including accounts, assets, and offers.

If you have any questions, please let me know directly.

Thanks!
Justin

Justin

Mar 15, 2021, 9:28:13 AM3/15/21
to Stellar Developers
Hello everyone!

This is your final reminder: the Stellar test network will reset on 03/17/21 at 0900 UTC.

Resets clear all ledger entries and historical data from the testnet, so if you are building something on the testnet, make sure you're prepared to recreate accounts, assets, offers, and any other info you need.  You can do that manually or you can use a script.

To see an example of a recovery script:

Thanks!