Getting Steinwurf Waf resolver to clone using ssh

Lars Nielsen

Apr 9, 2021, 5:57:30 AM4/9/21
to steinwurf-dev
Hello,

I am trying to use your extended version of waf to clone a dependency using SSH.
But I have been unable to get the resolve to move away from using HTTPS.

The entry for the repo in my resolver.json file is:

    {

        "sources": [

            "g...@github.com:GROUP/PROJECTgit"

        ],

        "major": 8,

        "method": "semver",

        "resolver": "git",

        "name": "codewrapper"

    }

and from what I understand from the code in your repo that should switch it to using ssh, but it keeps asking for github credentials as an HTTPS call and the show cased URL is the https one.

This is an issue as github will depricated password based cloning (and other git actions) soon.

./Lars

Lars Nielsen

Apr 9, 2021, 5:58:43 AM4/9/21
to steinwurf-dev
it is git in sources but apparently google decided to omit that

Jeppe Pihl

Apr 9, 2021, 6:10:15 AM4/9/21
to Lars Nielsen, steinwurf-dev
Hi Lars,

Hope you are doing well :)

Waf will automatically choose a git protocol based on how your project was cloned. If your project isn't cloned using ssh or is not a git project at all it will fallback to https. If you want to override this you can specify the --git_protocol parameter with the git@ argument.

Let me know if this works.

Cheers

Jeppe

Lars Nielsen