Change number of agents in the command line?

rcc

Sep 17, 2009, 5:51:43 AM9/17/09
to SteerSuite
Hello,

Out of curiosity, is it possible to to change the number of agents in
a simulation via the command line? e.g. "./steersim <some options> -
testcase ../testcase -numagents 250" Maybe I did not search the
website thoroughly enough, but I have not found anything like this as
of yet.

If this is not possible, do I just modify the appropriate .xml file
for the test case?

Thanks,

Robert

rcc

Sep 17, 2009, 5:54:15 AM9/17/09
to SteerSuite
Sorry, the example should read as:

e.g. "./steersim <some options> -testcase ../testcase/something.xml -
numagents 250"

Shawn

Sep 17, 2009, 12:32:43 PM9/17/09
to SteerSuite
Hi Robert,

Unfortunately, there is no option like "-numagents", because the
configuration of agents is determined in XML test cases.

If we added such an option, its unclear what we would do with fewer or
more agents: would we randomly place additional agents with random
goals? Which agents would we remove if the test case had 100 agents,
and the command line specified 50?

Instead, you might want to simply copy and modify the test case.
Perhaps you could even create a quick script that receives the desired
number of agents, and then automatically creates or modifies the test
case.

Does that help?

~Shawn