Watch City Festival programming May 11-12

Catherine Siemann

Mar 18, 2013, 9:56:33 AM3/18/13
to steam-s...@googlegroups.com
I'm organizing an Academic track for the Watch City Steampunk Festival being organized by the Charles River Museum of Industry, on May 11-12.  The Festival is taking place in Waltham, Massachusetts on May 11-12 (Saturday and Sunday). I have 45 minute slots to fill for solo speakers and panels, though I'm also open to running a panel through two timeslots. Unfortunately, there is no funding I can provide for participants, though you will receive free admission to the event.
Do be in touch and let me know if there is something you might be interested in doing at the event. It may be a traditional academic presentation or panel, a convention-type presentation or panel, or a discussion session. There will be a projector available to hook up your laptops; as per usual, I think Apple users will need to bring their own cables. I'll also bring a PC netbook that you can use.   Because of the nature of the event, I don't need a formal CFP;  an expression of interest and further discussion of your topic is sufficient.

thanks for your consideration.

Catherine Siemann