New member

Chris Lynch

Oct 18, 2011, 2:34:22 PM10/18/11
to steam-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all

I just joined and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm commencing an MPhil in Creative Writing at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia. I'm writing a steampunk short story collection that explores steampunk tropes in different settings, along with an accompanying thesis.

I'm hoping to get to the States and maybe the UK in the second half of next year, so am on the lookout for any conventions or conferences worth attending.

Looking forward to joining in the discussion. I'd discovered a couple of scholarly blogs, but it's great to find a mailing list as well.

~Chris
Twitter: @thecityhermit

Claire Nally

Oct 18, 2011, 4:03:18 PM10/18/11
to steam-scholars
Hello Chris!

There are a few UK events - one I tend to go to is the Lincoln Steampunk weekend - http://steampunk.synthasite.com/ but I'm certainly looking to get to the States next year, so whatever other list members advise would be welcome information for me too!

Claire.

Dr Claire Nally
Lecturer in Twentieth Century English Literature
Department of Humanities
School of Arts and Social Sciences
Lipman Building, Room 401A
University of Northumbria
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 8ST

Tel: 0191 227 4701
Email: claire...@northumbria.ac.uk

~Chris
Twitter: @thecityhermit <http://twitter.com/#%21/thecityhermit>
Blog: http://www.chrislynch.com.au/

winmail.dat

Lisa Hager

Oct 19, 2011, 10:07:27 AM10/19/11
to steam-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

If you're in the states during November, you should check out TeslaCon: http://www.teslacon.com/site/

Best,
Lisa
--

University of Wisconsin-Waukesha
1500 North University Dr.

Jaymee Goh

Oct 19, 2011, 11:17:47 AM10/19/11
to steam-s...@googlegroups.com
By second half do you mean June onwards?

GearCon's in Auguest 2012, and SteamCon's always in October.

More exciting things happen in April and May!

- Jha