Steak with Session Example

Tanner Donovan

Feb 22, 2011, 10:53:14 PM2/22/11
to ste...@googlegroups.com
Maybe this is more a Capybara question, but I am wondering if someone could provide me with an example of using Steak with sessions. I'm trying achieve something like https://gist.github.com/839970 which tests a user sign in form into a protected area. Thanks in advance.

Jaime Iniesta

Feb 23, 2011, 8:07:17 AM2/23/11
to ste...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tanner, what's exactly the problem you're facing?

I have a similar setup and I do just like you, visit the sign in form,
fill it and click the button. No special setup needed.

2011/2/23 Tanner Donovan <ttdo...@gmail.com>:

--
Jaime Iniesta, freelance web developer
http://jaimeiniesta.com

Tanner Donovan

Feb 23, 2011, 3:26:49 PM2/23/11
to Steak
The scenario is failing at expected: "/account", got: "/" (using ==).
I'm trying to use ruby-debug to step through the scenario and
inspecting the page (Capybara::Session) object and use Rails logger,
but my controller's logger.info is not showing up in the log/test.log.
Any suggestions on how I can capture logger messaging from within the
Rails app?

Tanner

On Feb 23, 5:07 am, Jaime Iniesta <jaimeinie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tanner, what's exactly the problem you're facing?
>
> I have a similar setup and I do just like you, visit the sign in form,
> fill it and click the button. No special setup needed.

Luismi Cavallé

Feb 23, 2011, 3:59:33 PM2/23/11
to ste...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if this is too obvious but, are you sure you should be redirected to "/account" right after being logged in? Is this how is implemented? What happen when log in manually using your browser?

-- Luismi

Tanner Donovan

Feb 23, 2011, 4:03:21 PM2/23/11
to Steak
After further investigation I think my issue might be with routes and
SSL. The Rails app is using the 'ssl_requirement' plugin. Watching the
log/test.log file more closely I see:

Processing ApplicationController#redirect_to_root_url (for 127.0.0.1
at 2011-02-23 12:42:33) [GET]
Parameters: {"url"=>["account", "session"],
"action"=>"redirect_to_root_url", "controller"=>"application"}
Redirected to http://www.example.com/account/session
Filter chain halted as [:ensure_proper_protocol]
rendered_or_redirected.
Completed in 1ms (DB: 0) | 302 Found [https://www.example.com/account/
session]

routes.rb includes:

map.namespace :account, :requirements => {:protocol =>
ROUTES_PROTOCOL} do |a|
a.resource :session, :controller => 'sessions', :only => :create
a.resource :profile, :controller => 'profiles', :only => :show
end

rake routes shows:

account_session POST /account/session(.:format)
{:action=>"create", :protocol=>"https", :controller=>"account/
sessions"}

Anyone have suggestions how I can ensure my Capybara::Session is using
SSL?

Tanner Donovan

Feb 23, 2011, 5:42:25 PM2/23/11
to Steak
I've finally figured it out. There appears to be an issue with
Capybara and switching between HTTP and HTTPS requests. I included
this gist (https://gist.github.com/466411) in a the ./spec/acceptance/
support/capybara_fix_ssl.rb and my specs started passing. I'm not
sure I entirely understand the issue but I'm going to run with it for
now. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and reply to my
post.

Tanner