Steak without rspec?

David Kahn

Dec 10, 2010, 6:15:35 PM12/10/10
to ste...@googlegroups.com
Just wondering if rspec is necessary to run Steak.... I am at the point that I just want to pitch all non-necessary DSL's. I'm maybe an average programmer with above average creativity and am tired of dealing with stuff that I dont need to know that keeps me from getting things done. Throw the tomatos but I am feeling nostalgic for the simplicity and non-hassle world of Test/Unit.

David

Luismi Cavallé

Dec 11, 2010, 8:56:17 AM12/11/10
to ste...@googlegroups.com
Hey, David.

I like the additional expressiveness of RSpec, that's why Steak is based on it. But there's nothing preventing you from using Capybara or Webrat with Test/Unit (no RSpec, no Steak) If you're using Rails I'd suggest using integration tests which you have out-of-the-box.

-- Luismi

Jaime Iniesta

Dec 11, 2010, 9:49:33 AM12/11/10
to ste...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

I haven't tried it, but there's an alternative to Steak that doesn't use RSpec:

David Kahn

Dec 11, 2010, 2:30:57 PM12/11/10
to ste...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Jaime Iniesta <jaimei...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi David,

I haven't tried it, but there's an alternative to Steak that doesn't use RSpec:

Ha... cool, I think I kind of created this myself yesterday but just adding Capybara to test unit... but this helps me -- it is beautifully minimalist, like 15 lines of code :)