Anyone using steak with Ruby 1.9.x?

Luismi Cavallé

Sep 18, 2010, 7:41:20 AM9/18/10
to ste...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I'm working on making sure Steak works with Ruby 1.9.1 and 1.9.2. I've started by making its own specs pass, but I was wondering if anyone here have already use it in her own developments with Ruby 1.9.x and if there are any problems.

Cheers,

-- Luismi

Fernando Espinosa

Sep 19, 2010, 2:43:25 PM9/19/10
to ste...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I've been using it on a Rails 3 project with ruby-1.9.2-p0 without any problems at all...

Cheers!

Fernando Espinosa
----------------------------
http://www.ferdev.com
http://twitter.com/ferdev

Fernando Blat

Sep 19, 2010, 5:22:40 PM9/19/10
to ste...@googlegroups.com
The same for me, it works fine for me (just don't forget the annoying
magic comments in your specs and that's all)

--
Fernando Blat
http://fernando.blat.es

Fernando Blat

Sep 20, 2010, 2:55:14 AM9/20/10
to ste...@googlegroups.com
I forgot that I had to patch rack-test when using Ruby 1.9.x, and a
multipart form and the data submited had some UTF-8 characters:

http://gist.github.com/587513

This is not about steak, but maybe useful I your are planning to do
some tests with capybara.

Daniel Salmerón Amselem

Feb 19, 2011, 8:29:27 PM2/19/11
to ste...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fernando,

I've been having some encoding issues using Steak and Capybara. The problem comes when I run the command, rspec spec/acceptance, as strings like "Añadir" doesn't show correctly, and it shows "Añadir" instead. If I run the server, with 'rails server' the string shows just fine, but not when testing.

I'm using Rails 3.0.4, Ruby 1.9.2, Capybara 0.4.1.2, and Steak 1.1.0. I've tried to place the code you provided on your last post in the acceptance_helper.rb file under spec/acceptance but doesn't seem to work either. Any advice on how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Luismi Cavallé

Feb 20, 2011, 6:44:48 AM2/20/11
to ste...@googlegroups.com
I think this is a capybara issue you can solve by adding this meta tag to the head section of your html file:

Daniel Salmerón Amselem

Feb 20, 2011, 6:54:16 AM2/20/11
to ste...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Luismi !! I can't believe that was the issue... I added the ecoding comment at the top of each file involved in that view, but I completely forgot about the view itself!