How to make a post request with Steak

boriscy

Oct 18, 2010, 8:46:38 PM10/18/10
to Steak
Hi there Iam having a simple problem, I want to be able to post or put
or delete, use any method to send data but if I put something like

scenario 'Test post' do
visit '/items/new'
post 'create', :item => { :name => 'Test', :value => 12 }
end

I know I can do this from a form, but I want to have a master details
form (multiform). Is there any good Javascript test that will work
fine with Steak?

Raul Murciano

Oct 19, 2010, 2:15:56 AM10/19/10
to ste...@googlegroups.com
Hi boriscy,

IMHO, triggering the post request from the user interface would be the
way to go (vs simulating with a fake request), clicking some
buttons/links doesn't send each part of the multiform? In that case,
how are you triggering the post request in the browser?

--
Raul Murciano
Freelance Web Developer - http://raul.murciano.net