[Bike to the Future] June Monthly Meeting (this Tuesday), Bike to Work Day needs volunteers

Bike to the Future

Jun 6, 2010, 10:54:05 PM6/6/10
to Bike to the Future announcements
Our June Monthly Meeting is this Tuesday

Tuesday June 8th at 5:30 PM at the Sport for Life Centre (Sport Manitoba's new home at 145 Pacific Ave & Lily St in the east Exchange). Anyone is welcome to attend.

Agenda

May Monthly Meeting minutes
____________________________

Bike to Work Day needs volunteers

June 25th is Winnipeg's 3rd annual Bike to Work Day. On this day we invite and encourage Winnipeggers to ride their bikes to work, be part of their community, and be involved in the growing trend of active transportation.

Two shifts of volunteers are needed in the morning from 6:30-7:45 and from 7:45-9:00 for the following positions:

Our 5 Bike Oases

The Forks pancake breakfast
  • Traffic directors
  • Registration table
  • Bike valet
  • Shirt hand-out
  • Door entrance counter
We also need volunteers to work the door at the evening volunteer appreciation party at the Lo Pub, and we are also looking for about a dozen volunteers to count cyclists at various locations around the city during the morning rush hour (6:30-8:30).

To thank those who volunteer their time, prizes will be given away to volunteers, including a grand prize bike!

Please contact stephen.w...@biketoworkdaywinnipeg.org if you are interested in being a volunteer. Also, please let Stephen know if you have a preference for your task, location, and time slot.

Thanks!

biketoworkdaywinnipeg.org

Our website at biketothefuture.org is updated often. Five Latest News items have been added in the past week.