Meeting Reminder for 31 March

1 view

Aaron

Mar 30, 2011, 2:16:00 AM3/30/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace
Hey everybody, if you didn't join us last week, we will be meeting
again at 18:00 on Thrsday at Madlalia 42. You can find a map here:
http://goo.gl/maps/PgVQ

Last week we decided to try and build a camera rig we could loft with
a kite. I've gathered up a few interesting links over at the wiki
(http://fenre.org/wiki/index.php?title=Kite-Camera). I also have
gathered up a few servos and other bits to run a camera as well as a
kite.

If you have anything to add to this project, bring it along, even if
it's just enthusiasm. If you have another project in mind, bring that
along too. I know my attention span can only be held for...LOOK, a
bunny!

See you all tomorrow.

Austin Bingham

Mar 30, 2011, 3:44:55 AM3/30/11
to Aaron, Stavanger HackerSpace
If I have time, I'm going to try to gather parts for a basic picavet
suspension. It should be pretty straightforward to put together,
including the line attachments and everything.

Does anyone have any kite line that we can work with? I figure we'll
need some to test the attachment. Also, how about 80# braided dacron
or something similar? That's been recommended for use in the pulleys.

Austin