resources

David

Mar 14, 2011, 4:31:59 PM3/14/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace
list of sites, blogs, books, shops, projects +++
///please add to the list//

//sites:

arduino:
http://itp.nyu.edu/physcomp/
(links) http://itp.nyu.edu/physcomp/Notes/Notes
Tom Igoe -> http://tigoe.net/pcomp/
arduino homepage -> http://arduino.cc
arduino the documentary ->
http://vimeo.com/18539129?utm_campaign=avalon1982&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=am6_feedtweet

//processing:
http://processing.org
http://processing.unlekker.net/
Flight 404
reprap
Mendel

//DIY sites:
makezine.com
Ben Heck show

//Books
Physical Computing, Tom Igoe
Practical Electronics for Inventors
Getting started in Electronics
Dab, Neil Gershenfeld

//projects
reprap/mendel
convert ikea lamp to led lamp
custom headset
cnc machine
cleaning robot, roomba equivalent with the ability to understand the
room
music jukebox with innovative user interface

//shops
sparkfun.com
http://www.electrokit.se/
elfa.se
clasohlson.no
biltema.no

fenre

Mar 14, 2011, 5:00:59 PM3/14/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace

David

Mar 17, 2011, 6:46:18 PM3/17/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace

David

Mar 17, 2011, 6:54:52 PM3/17/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace
Fritzing
free app for designing circuit boards, I don´t know much about it but
I think its pretty well designed for people who is in electronics: The
app has a good focus on intuitive graphics, with component library
including arduino, sensors, breadboard and lots of other familiar
stuff. Check it out at: http://www.electronics-lab.com/blog/?p=9612

David

Mar 17, 2011, 7:08:27 PM3/17/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace
http://www.shapeways.com/

rapid prototyping service, send in 3d models get it back in physical
form, in plastic or metal (they have quite a few alternatives)
I havent used it, but I think they are quite cheap compared to other
rapid prototyping services-

shapeways also has a concept where you can sell your 3d models for
others to print and use..

fenre

Mar 31, 2011, 2:26:03 AM3/31/11
to stavanger-...@googlegroups.com

Anyone interested in mechanical work should have a look at this: