Woodworking

fenre

Mar 16, 2011, 4:20:31 AM3/16/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace
Message has been deleted

Oliver Guest

Mar 16, 2011, 6:34:51 AM3/16/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace
Alright lads!!

thanks for thinking of me for this. I'm not sure how much help I can be at the moment as I'm super busy at work and home. Also my hacking ability is not so great. I'm good with wood, plastic, metal, and really basic electronics, but no clue when it comes to circuits and stuff...but I am keen regardless.

regarding the kites, I am getting into snow kiting at the moment so I have 3 big kites that will definitely lift the camera. I spend most of my time trying very hard to not let them lift me! I can normally fly them without a crash and with help I can get them back on the ground fairly softly, if winds are light.

My last hack was the stereo in my car. No AUX connection and no way to connect one (by manufacturer and 3rd party). In the end I did a DIY job that involved cutting lots of cables and opening up the dash. I was thinking of posting the job on the Skoda owners forum. If I do that I can copy it here too as it would apply to all sorts of cars.

Actually, Aaron, if that plastic sheeting is still on offer, I could use some to get the job finished.

Before that I did a nice one with a LED ice hockey puck, for playing at night.

But anyway, I will definitely be keen to get involved, when time and skills allow.

Oliver

Vennlig hilsen/Best regards

Oliver Guest
Technical 3D Manager

DGS AS
Gamle Forusvei 8 - 4033 Stavanger
Mobil: +47 41467938 Tel.: +47 51 81 06 50
www.dgs-as.no

VISUALISATION FOR THE ENERGY INDUSTRY

fenre

Mar 16, 2011, 8:16:47 AM3/16/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace
It is nice that you want to join us, but what does this have to do
with woodworking? :P

fenre

Mar 17, 2011, 3:06:46 PM3/17/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace

David

Mar 17, 2011, 7:00:06 PM3/17/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace
the impossible nail through wood trick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEATei2wewY

On Mar 16, 9:20 am, fenre <fsudm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will try to list different woodworking projects that I'd like to do
> here.
>
> http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2011/03/skill-set-building-woodworki...
>
> http://makeprojects.com/Project/Workhorses/572/1

David

Mar 17, 2011, 7:02:22 PM3/17/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace
fasinating video of the creation of a wooden bench, but its not so
easy to replicate:
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/09/making-a-steamed-wood-bench.html