Resampling

John Firebaugh

Jan 30, 2011, 4:29:05 PM1/30/11
to statsample
Hi Claudio et al,

I would like to do resampling for bootstrap analysis. I see there is
Statsample::Resample, but it doesn't look like what I'm looking for.
I'm looking for something like this:

https://gist.github.com/803264

What do you think about adding it?

John

Claudio Bustos

Jan 30, 2011, 5:57:51 PM1/30/11
to stats...@googlegroups.com
No probem at all.
Resample class was an idea not developed at all. I'm thinking to
implement something similar to your code.
Let me do some testing and I will include it.

--
Claudio Bustos
Psicólogo

John Firebaugh

Feb 1, 2011, 11:53:52 AM2/1/11
to stats...@googlegroups.com
Cool. By the way, I based that implementation on the Haskell statistics package:

Lots of good stuff in there.

Claudio Bustos

Feb 1, 2011, 3:29:38 PM2/1/11
to stats...@googlegroups.com
Jacknife and bootstrap implemented on Vector. See

https://github.com/clbustos/statsample/commit/ed33625690d1fca2491dad4674a84408f84d2fcf

For API and examples.

I updated Statsample::Analysis, to provide a better framework to
perform analysis

For example:

ss_analysis(:first) do
end
ss_analysis(:second) do
end

Statsample::Analysis.run(:second)
Only perform second analysis, but first is still recorded. Useful to
interactive session or edit-run-edit style of analysis (like mine)