Info regarding one available-for-all stats bootcamp in 2018

Stefan Th. Gries

Jan 15, 2018, 2:15:57 PM1/15/18
to StatForLing with R
With apologies for cross-posting and self-advertising:

I will be teaching a bootcamp "Statistics for linguists with R"

where: at Maria Curie-Sklodowska University in Lublin, Poland
when: 3 to 7 September 2018.

The focus of the bootcamp will be on regression methods and other classifiers. It assumes basic familiarity with R and simple monofactorial tests so there will only be a brief recap of those kinds of contents. The course will then discuss various aspects of regression modeling with fixed effects (linear and binary logistic regressions) and then with mixed effects (linear and binary logistic regressions). We will work with a variety of data sets covering different linguistic domains as well as add a variety of tools to regression modeling that are not yet often found in research such as a priori contrasts, curvature, and residualization, and we will spend quite some time on visualization. A final component of the bootcamp - probably the last day - will be concerned with conditional inference trees and exploratory data analysis via principal components and cluster analysis.

Online registration will open on 1 February 2018. The registration fee is PLN 1200/EUR 290.

For further information about the event, including the registration procedure, venue and participation requirements, please visit the bootcamp website: <http://rbootcamp.umcs.pl>.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the organisers at: <rbootc...@umcs.pl>.

Bootcamp organisers
Daria Bebeniec, Malgorzata Cudna, Joanna Jablonska-Hood
Maria Curie-Sklodowska University
Lublin, Poland