Bootcamps at U of Louvain in August 2019

Stefan Th. Gries

Jan 10, 2019, 12:13:19 PM1/10/19
to StatForLing with R
Hi all

With apologies for self-advertising, there will be two bootcamps this summer:

- 12-16 August 2019: "Corpus Linguistics with R"
- 19-23 August 2019: "Statistics for Linguistics with R"

The former will be based on the relatively new second edition of my corpus linguistics textbook; the latter will involve chapter 5 of the second edition of my stats book as prep and then do mixed-effects modeling (with all sorts of add-ons such as a priori and other contrasts, multi-model inferencing, curvature, collinearity, influential data points, imputation ...), classification trees, and random forests. For more organizational information, see here; for questions about contents, plz ask me.

Cheers,
STG