Multinomial logistic regression with random effects

ekbrown77

Oct 20, 2017, 5:41:33 PM10/20/17
to StatForLing with R
What's the best package/way to run a multinomial logistic regression with two random effects? I have a categorical dependent variable with three levels, a handful of fixed effects (both continuous and categorical), and two random effects (speaker and lexical item).
lme4::glmer()
has a
family
argument, but it doesn't take "multinominal" (despite taking "binomial").

I'm wading into waters I haven't tread before.

Thanks.

Stefan Th. Gries

Oct 21, 2017, 12:46:24 AM10/21/17
to StatForLing with R
My guess would be MCMCglmm but that package is not for the faint-hearted ... (and that includes me).