Notes From Author Conference Call

Pachacutec

Jun 27, 2006, 10:48:14 AM6/27/06
to stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateproj...@googlegroups.com, stateproject-...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproj...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproject-...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproj...@googlegroups.com, statepro...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateproj...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateproject-...@googlegroups.com, stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproj...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, statepro...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, statepro...@googlegroups.com, stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproj...@googlegroups.com, Earth...@opendoor.com, Susan Fassberg
Revdeb was good enough to take notes for everyone.  There is no audio, but there may be a chance to have a spearate author interview available via podcast sometime soon.

See the attached document for notes.  This was a tremendous call, with great questions and conversations.

If you have not already gotten hold of 50 Simple Things You Can Do to Fight the Right, please do so, if you can.

Here's what our author, John Javna, had to say to me to convey to all of you after the call:

"Pach--
Thanks again for including "50 Simple Things" in your project. It's
quite fulfilling to see it used in this way. I also enjoyed the phone
call, and would be happy to do it again some time in the future.

The URL for the new design of the "50 simple" website is
http://50simplethings.com/blog
There's still a lot to be done on it, but I'd be pleased to get some
input from your members about what they'd like to see, and what they
think would be useful. It would help me focus on what content to
include, and frankly, give me a push toward completing it.  They can
contact me at Earth...@opendoor.com . If there's a way for us to join
forces around this site,  I'd be glad to work with you. I'll get behind
whatever works to make personal action more effective."

If I may mention something that came up in the call:  it's extremely important that any of you who take any political action tell others about what you are doing.  Many people would like a sense of what to do, but have no idea how to start.

They may not take any action the first time you tell them about what you do, whether it's calliing your congressman or writing a Letter to the Editor, but they may start to imitate you once they hear about the seventh thing you do.  Repetition and continuous exposure make a difference.  Tell your friends, family and neighbors.  Tell the members of your Roots Project groups.  No matter how small your action, tell people about it:  that's also how we learn together what works.  That's how we build a movement.

Check out the 5o Simple Things web sites.  I expect we'll be interacting with John more in the future, but the time to learn and make connections with wach other is, of course, today.

Much love and thatnks to all who participated in the call, especially RevDeb for furiously taking notes.

Pach

Roots.John Javna 6.26.06.rtf