Re: Labor in the states

Pachacutec

Oct 25, 2006, 2:19:05 PM10/25/06
to Kombiz Lavasany, stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateproj...@googlegroups.com, stateproject-...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproj...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproject-...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproj...@googlegroups.com, statepro...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateproj...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateproject-...@googlegroups.com, stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproj...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, statepro...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateprojec...@googlegroups.com, statepro...@googlegroups.com, stateproject...@googlegroups.com, stateproje...@googlegroups.com, stateproj...@googlegroups.com, Judith Freeman
Roots Project Members:

I'll update you right after the election on our new site home, but in the meantime, I wanted to put our a good action call to the network.  One of the real ways you can have an impact in your state is by aligning your talent, energy and passion with the efforts and organizational ability of our friends in the labor movement.  I've forwarded a call for help specifically to our Roots Project from the AFL; please see below.

They have also asked for local, in state bloggers who can write up what they're doing in specific states.  If you have an urge to write and the availability to help, please let Kobbiz know (the author of the forwarded email below).  Good material is stuff I can try to get online at Firedoglake.  Wanna be a "star?"  Seroously, see if you can help Kombiz out.  All his contact information is below.

In the future, I'm very excited about the ways we can and will build bridges with our friends in labor.  Let's win in two weeks, and take back our country!

Best, and with much love,

Pach

On 10/25/06, Kombiz Lavasany <kom...@gmail.com> wrote:
Pach,

I've included Judith Freeman who heads up this project and has had worked to think of ways to get the netroots involved. I'm here for the cycle and she's a good contact inside the AFL. Here's my pitch.

In every election cycle members of the AFL-CIO endorse and work for candidates in federal elections across the country. In many places we're the only force pushing back against right-wing candidates in the country. Sometimes, in the most recent case PA-04 national leaders realize that a race that they thought wasn't in play is in play. In many of the same way the netroots has invested time, money and blood in districts our members and organizers are working in these races for a progressive majority and talking to thousands of our members inside your districts.

In states where the Roots Project is organizing we're working on races. I'm happy to provide information about candidates that the AFL has endorsed and candidates we're working to unseat. I'm happy to send info about events that the AFL-CIO is doing in your area. These last two weeks are about GOTV and turnout for progressives. We motivate our members by doing some great events with candiadates that roots project members locally can cover to motivate their readers. I can also put Roots Project members in touch with labor organizers about what's happening on the ground. Almost all of our outreach is to members and there are volunteer oppourtunities with labor but it's not something we're pushing for at this point.

In solidarity,

Kombiz

--
Kombiz Lavasany