State of the Market Weekend Edition

Deepak Singh

Jan 16, 2010, 6:57:55 AM1/16/10
to stateoft...@googlegroups.com
Read State of the Market blog - http://www.stateofthemarket.net/blog/

One Breakout and One Breakdown Play

Filed Under (Stock Observations) by Deepak Singh on 16-01-2010

We are in a stock specific market where individual stocks and sectors are doing their own thing independent of market. Here’s an example of one breakout and breakdown stocks.

Read the rest of this entry »

JAN

16

Sectoral Performance Report

Filed Under (Sector View) by Deepak Singh on 16-01-2010

How are sectors contributing to overall market’s performance. Well, let us have a look at the last one week and last month sectoral performance to get a deeper understanding of where different sectors stand.

Read the rest of this entry »

JAN

15

Satyam: Line of Confidence

Filed Under (Stock Observations) by Deepak Singh on 15-01-2010

There is a saying - When investors have a conviction in the stock and sector - valuations don’t matter and vice versa. Infosys, TCS and Wipro became overbought and overvalued this week post good earnings from Infy. Even mid-cap stocks rallied this week but Satyam was up just 3.3%.

The big question: Where is Satyam’s line of confidence?

Read the rest of this entry »

JAN

15

Random Observations

Filed Under (Stock Observations) by Deepak Singh on 15-01-2010

In this article, I want to focus on few stock charts which are trying to tell interesting stories. Take a look :-)

Read the rest of this entry »

JAN

14

Tea without Sugar

Filed Under (Stock Observations) by Deepak Singh on 14-01-2010

No, this is not a title of health related article. This is what one of the current theme of the market is. Traders on one hand are buying Tea stocks big time and on other hand - keeping away from sugar stocks.

Read the rest of this entry »

JAN

14

Protected: 2 stocks ready to breakout

Filed Under (members only) by Deepak Singh on 14-01-2010

This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:

Enter your password to view comments

JAN

13

Bullish territory defended

Filed Under (Market Observations) by Deepak Singh on 13-01-2010

This was the takeaway from today’s market. Bulls succeeded in defending 5182 - breakout level. But the bulk of help came just from one sector - Technology. Financials and Auto sector remain under pressure and with inflation data expected tomorrow - expect another day of tussle between bulls and bears to hold 5182.

Read the rest of this entry »

The Big Risk

Filed Under (Market Observations) by Deepak Singh on 12-01-2010

What is the biggest risk to the market right now? - Everyone thinking the same way. Over last few days, I have been going through numerous strategy reports - and to my surprise - I have never seen such agreement in thinking across various analysts. And that’s what makes me worried on the market.

There is an old saying - When all the experts and forecasts agree - something else is going to happen

Read the rest of this entry »

JAN

12

Charting Currency and VIX

Filed Under (Currency, Global cues) by Deepak Singh on 12-01-2010

It seems we are in the season of breakout/breakdown or strong pullback when it comes to currencies and Volatility. Have a look at 3 charts - i. USDINR; ii. CBoE VIX; and iii. USD index to understand what I mean.

Read the rest of this entry »

JAN

11

Eye on 2Is: Infosys + IIP

Filed Under (Market Observations) by Deepak Singh on 11-01-2010

Tomorrow can be a big day for Nifty because of two reasons - i. Infosys earnings; and ii. IIP data. Nifty has been extremely quiet in 2010. And one can hope that things will change after release of tomorrow’s data point.

Read the rest of this entry »

Best Regards
Deepak Singh
jan1610in1.gif