State of the Market Observations

1 view

State of the Market

Dec 16, 2009, 9:05:02 PM12/16/09
to stateoft...@googlegroups.com

Read State of the market blog – http://www.stateofthemarket.net/blog/

http://www.stateofthemarket.net/blog/wpimages/nov0209in119.gif

Yesterday, the bulls and bears wrestled for control but there wasn’t a clear winner in the competition. On upside near 20 dma of 5070-5080, there was clear supply pressure; and on downside near 50 dma i.e. 5000-5005: there was visible buying. But amidst all choppiness - one trend that was visible: lack of conviction among market participants. There is a latent feeling among market participants that this market is going nowhere. It is only below 5000 we may see some panic.

Market Observations

·          It is going to be a long trading day from tomorrow. Trading will start at 9:00 AM.

·          Longer trading hours = more Choppiness.

·          One View gaining ground: Global markets may remain range bound in CY 2010; and will be less dominated by purely macro factors than over the past two years

·          What does this mean? - Market risk will reduce significantly on individual stocks.

·          No surprise - US Fed will keep rates low for an extended period, as long as unemployment remains high and the inflation outlook is stable.

·          Overnight US market closed flat post monetary policy announcement. There was no surprise to price in

·          Today morning, Asian markets are trading flat. SGX Nifty suggests flat opening for our markets as well.

Read the complete observations - http://www.stateofthemarket.net/blog/?p=9990

State of the Market members can access trading notes - http://www.stateofthemarket.net/blog/?p=9980

Cheers

Deepak Singh