Third Tuesday New Meeting Day

1 view

Richard Bier

Mar 12, 2012, 1:26:43 PM3/12/12
to SILP PUBLIC E-MAIL ADDRESS GOOGLE GROOPS
I am proposing that we go back to a set schedule for our meeting date.  This will allow us to not having to keep scheduling every month.  I am picking the third Tuesday because I was advised that Kevin has class Monday and Thursday, and Tom V has band practice on Wednesday.  I have a conflict on the second Tuesday.  If the third Tuesday does not work for you, let me know.

As far as location goes, while I would prefer a more private space then Karl's Klipper, I do not feel we have the attendance to support having a private room.  Hopefully, we can build the party to where the Ron Paul committee is at so we can have more flexibility on finding the right space.

The last two meetings were scheduled for 7:30 pm.  If this time is too early for anyone, I think we can push it back to 8:00 but I would prefer that we don't start our meetings any later then 8:00 pm.

As may of you know, our esteemed Chair, Dave Narby will be leaving Staten Island (at least temporarily) to return to his roots in Cortland, NY.   So our next meeting will be Dave's last meeting as Chair.  It also means that we will need to elect a New Chair, as well as a new Treasurer.  We also need to have a backup for the Secretary position so we can have minutes someone keeping the minutes.

I hope everyone makes it a point to be at our next meeting to thank Dave for all his contributions to the party.  At a time when petitioning was going very slow, Dave led by example and started to put up some big numbers in getting his petitions signed.  This I feel motivated both Danny and Anthony to also pick up their pace.  Seeing how many Libertarians across the State failed in their efforts to get petitions signed and the fact that aside from the paid signatures, we stood by far in our ability to get 3 and should have been 4 people on the ballot.  I think a large part of this was due to Dave.   Dave has also been a champion on educating our members, finding great articles and websites to share and to me the most important thing, he has been one of the most consistent members when it comes to showing up at our meeting and events.  We know Dave will continue to be part of the party and we are hoping that he makes at least quarterly or semi-annually meetings.

So tentatively, our next meeting is April 17th, 7:30 pm at Karls.  We hope that we have people ready to take up some of the slack with Dave's departure.

In Liberty,
Rich B
Vice Chair

Dave Narby